Montag, 17. September 2007

the first week

Left Germany on MOnday and arrived in Argentina on Tuesday, took the bus to Rosario and met Bruna. We talked a bit (in Spanish...) and afterwards I went to sleep and slept and slept. On the next day I walked around in Rosario with Bruna and her daughter. Later on we visited the grandmother together with the father and Rochelle arrived. I was very tired again. Many new impressions, busy city life and speaking Spanish all the time...
On Thursday we drove to Paraná and together with Karl Oskar (Carlos from now on) and Alex I visited Eco Urbano. Made a good impression to me. During the first days Carlos and me are going to look through newspapers and find articles that have to do with an argument between Argentina and Uruguay regarding the construction of paper mills...
In the evening my host family came. They live in a nice house with maaany children. They welcomed me warmly. And: They do not speak a single word of English! It´s good because I need to practice all the time!! On Friday we had a meeting in the University with all the people that are involved with the project. We were treated like stars, the people, mostly English students, were very welcoming. In the evenings we are going to have classes, every day a different professor plus some assistants. On Saturday I visited Barriletes with Rochelle, we played with the children and did some acrobatics, juggling etc. It was a very good atmosphere, happy faces. I am probably going to work a bit with Barriletes as well. During the weekend I walked a bit around in the city, spent time with my hostfamily. Played with my small host sister and met the friends of my host brother.
Right now I am sitting in the office od Eco Urbano, they are having a meeting (hot discussions in the latino style). My Spanish is slowly getting better but with everything I just have to be patient! My host family is slowly preparing me to be become a bit more independent and be able to take busses on my own for example... I live quite far outside. So far I like it here although I miss silence a bit... Never lived in a city before! Going to have lungs like a smoker!

Keine Kommentare: